In life we tend to forget to be grateful for the little things. During difficult times, we tend to overlook what really matters in life. Having a spirit of gratitude during good times and especially difficult times, will transform your life by allowing you to embody a greater perspective. Read the article below to explore why gratitude is important and how it'll lift you up, even when you're down. In addition, below are questions this article asks you to think about and I challenge you to really explore these questions in regards to your life and situation.
- What lessons did the experience teach me?
- Can I find ways to be thankful for what happened to me now even though I was not at the time it happened?
- What ability did the experience draw out of me that surprised me?
- How am I now more the person I want to be because of it? Have my negative feelings about the experience limited or prevented my ability to feel gratitude in the time since it occurred?
- Has the experience removed a personal obstacle that previously prevented me from feeling grateful?